sábado, 21 de diciembre de 2013

On Writing Fiction

"20 Master Plots (And How To Build Them)"
Ronald B. Tobias

pp. 31-21
"There's a method for each of us. The writer must know how he works and thinks in order to discover which method works best. Somebody like Vladimir Nabokov, who was meticulous and structured, laid out his work on index cards from beginning to end before writing the first word. Other writers, such as Toni Morrison and Katherine Anne Porter, began at the end. 'If I didn't know the ending of a story, I wouldn't begin," wrote Porter. "I always write my last line, my last paragraphs, my last page first.'

"Other writers think that's a terrible idea. But then Anthony Burgess, the author of A Clockwork Orange, probably said it best when he described his method: 'I start at the beginning, go on to the end, and then stop.'

"... But remember what Somerset Maugham said the next time you come across something some great writer said: "There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately no one knows what they are.'"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario